Civil Engineer- INTERN
Civil Engineer - Intern
Want to expand your knowledge as a Civil Engineer while capitalizing on your industry strengths?
AMI Consulting Engineers, PA is seeking a Civil Engineer to join our team in the Vadnais Heights, MN or Superior, WI office. The qualified candidate will be involved in assessment, planning and execution of civil and marine designs on a wide range of projects including new construction, additions and modifications to existing structures while working independently on projects.
Candidate should possess excellent written and oral communication skills, with impeccable follow through while taking ownership in each and every project assigned. Travel and field work may be required to complete projects. The successful candidate will gain experience in serving the engineering needs of clients by providing exceptional professional service. They should be passionate about their work, enjoy variety and like problem solving. This candidate should also be team oriented, honest and have a helpful disposition with a positive “can do” attitude.
- Working towards a bachelor’s degree in civil engineering
- General knowledge of civil engineering
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter that is deadline driven
- Flexible work schedule to support project implementation
- Enjoys an ever changing, fast paced work environment
- Valid Driver’s License
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, Autodesk Revit Structure, Solidworks, Microsoft Project, etc.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with engineer to perform basic engineering calculations.
- Assist with drafting and revisions to drawings as needed.
- Assist with field surveys both on land and on water.
- Oversight during the term of construction projects, including onsite inspections to determine if completed work is in conformance with plans and specifications.
- Author well written and will organized technical reports, weekly project management reports and client letters.
- Review contractor submittals during construction for conformance to construction document requirements
Wage is dependent upon qualifications and experience of candidate. This position may be eligible for fulltime employment, upon candidate’s graduation.
Please submit resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org