Marine and Civil Engineering Intern
Intern to join our Marine and Civil Engineering Team
Are you pursing your degree in Civil Engineering and interested in working in marine and coastal environments? Then AMI Consulting Engineers is the company for you!
AMI Consulting Engineers, PA is seeking interns to join our Marine and Civil Engineering team in either our Superior, WI or Vadnais Heights, MN offices.
The qualified candidate will be involved in assessment, planning and execution of marine and civil designs on a wide range of projects including new construction, additions and modifications to existing structures while working independently on projects. The candidate should possess excellent written and oral communication skills, with impeccable follow through while taking ownership in every project assigned. Travel and field work may be required to complete projects. The successful candidate will gain experience in serving the engineering needs of clients by providing exceptional professional service. They should be passionate about their work, enjoy variety and like problem solving. This candidate should also be team oriented, honest and have a helpful disposition.
- Earning a bachelor’s degree in civil engineering or marine civil engineering
- General Knowledge of civil and marine civil engineering or directly related field
- Eager to learn the design principles of marine structural components and systems
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter that is deadline driven
- Flexible work schedule to support project implementation
- Enjoys an ever changing, fast paced work environment
- Valid Driver’s License
- Preferred qualifications: working knowledge of AutoCAD, Autodesk Revit Structure, Solidworks, Microsoft Project, etc.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with engineer to perform basic engineering calculations
- Assist with drafting and revisions to drawings as needed
- Assist with field surveys both on land and on water
- Oversight during the term of construction projects, including onsite inspections to determine if completed work is in conformance with plans and specifications
- Author well written and will organized technical reports and letters
- Review contractor submittals during construction for conformance to construction document requirements
AMI Consulting Engineers is a multi-disciplined consulting engineering firm providing structural, marine, environmental, mechanical and civil engineering services for residential, commercial, industrial and governmental clients nationwide. Established in 2006, AMI was founded on delivering client centered engineering solutions and project development services with integrity and excellence. At AMI, we maintain a standard of excellence with our high level of professionalism, quality control and uncompromised service upheld throughout all our projects. Offices and located in: Superior, WI, Minneapolis/Saint Paul, MN, Virginia, MN and Pensacola, FL. AMI is a company that knows our employees by name and believes in work/life balance. AMI has a flexible work environment and is seeking a candidate that has a “can-do” attitude and enjoys a challenge.
Wage is dependent upon qualifications and experience of candidate. This position may be eligible for fulltime employment, upon candidate’s graduation.