MARINE STRUCTURAL ENGINEER, 2+ Years' Experience
Want to expand your knowledge as a Marine Structural Engineer while capitalizing on your industry strengths?
AMI Consulting Engineers, PA is seeking a full-time Structural Engineer, with 2+ years’ experience, to join our team in the Vadnais Heights office. The first 6 months or so, travel to the Superior office will be required for training.The qualified candidate will be working as a member of our team performing assessment, planning and execution of designs on a wide range of projects including new construction, additions and modifications to existing structures, while working independently on various projects.
Candidate should possess excellent written and oral communication skills and have impeccable follow through while taking ownership in each project assigned. Travel and field work may be required to complete projects. The successful candidate must have experience in serving the engineering needs of clients by providing exceptional professional service. They should be passionate about their work, enjoy variety and like problem solving. This candidate should be team oriented, honest and have a helpful disposition with a positive “can-do” attitude.
- Bachelor’s degree
- PE license preferred
- 2+ years of structural engineering with design experience with steel and concrete structures
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD
- Competent in the design of structural components and systems
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter that is deadline driven
- Flexible work schedule to support project implementation
- Enjoys an ever-changing, fast-paced work environment
- Valid driver’s license
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform and review detailed engineering calculation utilizing building codes, engineering software, spreadsheets, etc.
- Coordinate and integrate work of subconsultants into construction documents on multi-disciplined projects
- Creatively develop multiple solutions to problems encountered during all phases of design and construction
- Author well-written and well-organized technical reports and letters
- Review contractor submittals during construction for conformance to construction document requirements
Wage and benefits package dependent upon qualifications and experience of candidate. This position is eligible for the full company benefits package, including:
- Competitive Salary, based on experience
- Group Health Insurance
- Simple IRA Plan
- Term Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- AD&D Insurance
- Profit Sharing
- 8 Paid Holidays
- Paid Personal Leave
About AMI Consulting Engineers, PA
AMI is a leading civil, environmental, marine, mechanical, and structural engineering firm that was established in 2006. AMI provides large company capabilities in a small company atmosphere with high standards of professionalism, quality control, and representation upheld throughout all projects. AMI has offices located in: Superior, WI (Duluth, MN); Virginia, MN and Vadnais Heights, MN (Northern Minneapolis/St. Paul) and Pensacola, FL. AMI believes in work/life balance and has a flexible work environment. AMI is seeking a professional candidate that has a “can-do” attitude and enjoys a challenge.