GREAT SHIPS INITIATIVE O-DOCK
- (4) x 200 m3 matched retention tanks
- Intake flows up to 341 m3/ hour
- Fully automated flow and pressure controls
- Automated monitoring and data logging
- Capability to test treatment systems of all kinds
Land-based Research, Development and Technology Evaluation (RDTE) facility in Superior, WI offers infrastructure consistent with IMO guidelines for land-based testing of ballast treatment equipment. A collaborative effort to end the problem of ship-mediated invasive species in the Great Lakes-St. Lawrence Seaway System through independent research and demonstration of environmental technology, financial incentives and consistent basin-wide harbor monitoring.