MARINE STRUCTURAL ENGINEER
Want to expand your knowledge as a Marine Engineer while capitalizing on your industry strengths?
AMI Consulting Engineers, PA is seeking a full-time Marine Structural Engineer, with 2+ years’ experience, to join our team in the Superior, WI or Vadnais Heights, MN office. The qualified candidate will be responsible for assessment, planning and execution of marine structural designs on a wide range of projects including new construction, additions, and modifications to existing structures, while working independently on projects related to marine engineering.
Candidate should possess excellent written and oral communication skills and have impeccable follow through while taking ownership in each project assigned. Travel and field work may be required to complete projects. The successful candidate must have experience in serving the engineering needs of clients by providing exceptional professional service. They should be passionate about their work, enjoy variety and like problem solving. This candidate should be team oriented, honest and have a helpful disposition with a positive “can-do” attitude.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Passed FE exam
- 2+ years solid design of structural engineering projects
- Competent in the design of structural components and systems
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter that is deadline driven
- Flexible to support project timelines and implementation
- Enjoys an ever changing, fast paced work environment
- Valid driver’s license
Preferred Additional Qualifications and Experience:
- Ability to prepare construction and engineering cost estimates
- Skilled in the design of steel, wood/timber, precast, concrete, and composite marine structures.
- Knowledge of dock, pier, wharf, and general marine pile design a plus.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, Autodesk Revit Structure, Solidworks, Microsoft Project, etc.
- Familiar with marine mooring, berthing and fender system components.
- Familiar with Bridge/Dam Inspection. Certification a plus but not required.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Represent company at project related meetings during all phases of design and construction
- Participate on projects to meet critical deadlines and engineering budgets
- Perform detailed engineering calculations utilizing codes, engineering software, spreadsheets, etc.
- Coordinate and integrate work of subconsultants into construction documents on multi-disciplined projects
- Creatively develop multiple solutions to problems encountered during all phases of design and construction
- Author well-written and well-organized technical reports and letters
- Review contractor submittals during construction for conformance to construction document requirements
Wage and benefits package dependent upon qualifications and experience of candidate. This position is eligible for the full company benefits package, including:
- Competitive Salary, based on candidate’s experience
- Group Health Insurance
- Simple IRA Plan
- Term Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- AD&D Insurance
- Profit Sharing
- 8 Paid Holidays
- Paid Personal Leave
About AMI Consulting Engineers, PA
AMI is a leading civil, marine, mechanical, and structural engineering firm that was established in 2006. AMI provides large company capabilities in a small company atmosphere with high standards of professionalism, quality control, and representation upheld throughout all projects. AMI has offices located in: Superior, WI (Duluth, MN); Virginia, MN and Vadnais Heights, MN (Northern Minneapolis/St. Paul) and Pensacola, FL. AMI believes in work/life balance and has a flexible work environment. AMI is seeking a professional candidate that has a “can-do” attitude and enjoys a challenge.
Qualified candidates can send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org