Location: Vadnais Heights, MN or Superior, WI Reports to: Coastal Department Manager
Department: Marine Civil Engineering Status: Full-time
Want to expand your knowledge as a permitting specialist in waterfront engineering while capitalizing on your industry strengths?
AMI Consulting Engineers, PA is seeking a full-time permitting specialist, with 4+ years’ experience, to join our Team. The qualified candidate will be responsible for site assessments, proposals, setting up permitting framework, coordination with stakeholders and design team, and project management of environmental related activities. The projects will typically consist of waterfront structures (dock walls, revetments, breakwaters, seawalls, wharfs, etc.).
The candidate should possess excellent written and oral communication skills and have excellent follow through while taking ownership in each project assigned. Travel and field work may be required to complete projects. The successful candidate must serve the permitting needs of clients by providing exceptional professional service. They should be passionate about their work, enjoy variety and like problem solving. This candidate will need to be a team player, honest and have a helpful disposition with a positive “can-do” attitude.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 4+ years of waterfront development permitting experience
- Good understanding of engineering design considerations
- Ability to delegate tasks to ensure rigid deadlines are met
- Ability to travel and work remotely for short periods of time
- Extensive environmental permitting experience
- Understanding of environmental processes and conditions
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Construction management experience (preferred, not required)
- Mentor junior staff
- Self-starter that is deadline driven and accountable
- Enjoys an ever changing, fast paced work environment
- Valid driver’s license
Wage and benefits package dependent upon qualifications and experience of candidate. This position is eligible for the full company benefits package, including:
- Competitive Salary, based on candidate’s experience
- Group Health Insurance
- Simple IRA Plan
- Term Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- AD&D Insurance
- Profit Sharing
- 8 Paid Holidays
- Paid Personal Leave
About AMI Consulting Engineers, PA
AMI is a leading civil, environmental, marine, mechanical, and structural engineering firm that was established in 2006. AMI provides large company capabilities in a small company atmosphere with high standards of professionalism, quality control, and representation upheld throughout all projects. AMI has offices located in: Superior, WI (Duluth, MN); Virginia, MN; Vadnais Heights, MN; and Pensacola, FL. AMI believes in work/life balance and has a flexible work environment.